Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A card for Charlie!!!

Hope wherever you are in the world something or someone is making you smile!!! We are coming to the end of the school holidays here in Victoria and boy have we been busy. But I have found time to make cards or at least do something to do with making cards! My friend Sam came up for an overnight stay yesterday with her two boys and when all our boys eventually went to bed we were able to catch up and craft!! I ended up stamping out heaps of magnolia images (cos Sam is a Magnolia addict - tehehe) and Sam spent the night colouring!!! It was nice to talk and do something we both enjoy together.
On to the reason I'm posting. I made this card for my nephew Charlie whose birthday is in a couple of weeks. It's actually taken a few days to put together  because i made it then decided I needed to change a couple of things so this afternoon I finished it off and I am so excited with the end result and my sister loves it too which is good because it is actually for her to give to Charlie!!!
I started using a mojo monday sketch but went right of on a tangent and it ended up being nothing like the sketch!! LOL!! I do love these Easel cards as you may well have noticed you can just add loads more embellishments and depth to them!!
  I used this cute La La Land Crafts stamp and coloured him in with Tria's. (As of my next image I'm going to start writing down what colours I use). I've then just used some Echo Park paper add loads of embellishments and today I made some shrinky trucks which finished it off perfectly!!

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:
* Deep Ocean Challenge - Cards
* Craft your passion - Just for you
* Lollipop Crafts - Anything Goes
* A Gem of a Challenge - Let's hear it for the Boys


Until Next Time...Enjoy!! xx

5 comments:

  1. I love this card. Its adorable!! Thank you so much for joining us for the "Just for you" challenge at Craft Your Passion Challenges. Good Luck :)

    Shannin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alethea the card looks fantastic I am sure that Charlie will love it!!! thank you for a great night crafting the boys had a ball can't wait to do it again xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww....love it! Thanks for playing at AGOAC this time xx Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alethea, FAB male card! Love this cute image :-)

    Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Alethea!
    This is one totally lush card to give to a boy or man :) The image is gorgeous and you inked it perfectly :)

    Thank you so much for joining us at DOC this fortnight :)
    Welcome back!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!