Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cool Edwin!!

I had my first day at home for 2012 and really didn't achieve much at all!! Although I did receive a call asking if my boys were allowed to be a part of a photo shoot for the Libraries Summer Reading Club. Well I told the boys and there is no way they would miss it!! So tomorrow afternoon they will be getting their photos taken and will appear in the local papers next week!! So I will post the pics on here when they hit the news stand!
I thought I'd share another card I made last night. i'm really enjoying making cards at the moment, just for the fun of it. I actually made this one for a friend whose birthday is in three days and as always Ive made the card in time but of course it has to make its way over to the UK so wont arrive in time for his birthday!! I really do try but failed miserably last year!! Hopefully I can improve from here on, in!!

I decided to use Cool Edwin, he just doesn't get coloured often enough!! I coloured him in with Tria markers, then just followed the Sketch Saturday Sketch using new Kaisercraft Papers, a Tickled Pink Stamps Sentiment and added some stars, ribbon and buttons.
Now before you go, just want to give you the inside scoop that Papercrafting Journey are having a DT call starting tomorrow so be sure to check out the PCJ blog for all the info!!!We'd love to have you join our little family!!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
* Sketch Saturday - Sketch
* Going Grey with Scrap Creations - Something Old, Something New
* Magnolia-licious Highlites - Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. Great card! Boy Birthdays are so hard to do for me. Thanks for sharing at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card and i'm the same - don't use Edwin anywhere near enough!Great sentiment, too.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a super cool card Leath, I love the colour scheme it looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really great card Alethea, love the cute Edwin and fab papers. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww.. Your card is too sweet! That is some really great DP.
    Tons of Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alethea,
    What a great 'male' card Cool Edwin makes.
    I must get him!!
    Love the design of your card and the great colours too. Perfect embellishments.
    Thank you for joining us at Magnolia-licious
    Challenge Blog.
    Hugs, Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous image for a masculine card. Thanks for joining us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!