Saturday, May 26, 2012

Elisabeth Bell's World May/June Challenge

Wow, I am so glad this day is finally here. I have been wanting to share this card with you and Elisabeth Bell for the past week...  It would have been longer had I had the stamp longer .LOL!!
This month we have a SKETCH for you at Elisabeth Bell's World Challenge Blog and I had a fabulous time playing with this one!!

Whimsy stamps released Elisabeth Bell's Cottage Cuties recently and I just fell in love with them immediately!! This one that I have used today (Apple Blossom) caught my eye as soon as I saw her cos she reminded me of my time with my Nan (who recently passed away)
This is the front of my card

I copied the sketch on the inside of my card too!!

Just a view with the card partially open!!

I coloured Apple Blossom in with Tria markers and added glitter to her hair and the flowers!! I added crystal effects to the apples just so they stood out a bit!! . All the papers are from my stash as are the rhinestones and buttons!! I added the punched out flowers which actually looked better than I envisioned. I ran out of the small rhinestones when I got to doing the inside of the card so ended up using kindglitz in the middle of the flowers!. The sentiment on the front of the card is one from Elisabeth Bell's kits from Whiff of Joy and the sentiment inside is from The Emerald Faeries Garden!
I hope that you can join in with our challenge this month and perhaps we can beat our record of 34 entries which we had last month. It was wonderful to see so many gorgeous creations using Elisabeth Bell's images. Hop on over to the EBW Challenge blog to see what the rest of the DT created!!!

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
* Crafts and Me - Flowers

3 comments:

  1. Oh Alethea this is delightful!!! I love this stamp and must get mine out to play with.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards Alethea :-)

    thanks for joining in the Simon Says Stamp DT call and Good Luck :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. it was worth the wait.... it's beeeeeee utiful!

    thank you so much for stopping by and for the birthday wishes.

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!