Friday, June 7, 2013

A Scrappy Birthday!

Before I share my creation today, I just wanted to welcome my new followers. I hope that you like what you see on my blog! Also thanks to all my loyal followers who stop by on a regular basis and leave me comments... it always makes my day!
So it is time for a new challenge at Polka Doodles and this week we want to see you create a birthday card using your scraps - there is a stipulation with this challenge - you can't use any single piece of paper bigger than 2 x 2"!. There are always wonderful prizes up for grabs and Polka Doodles is full of wonderful goodies that you can use for endless amounts of creations!
  I absolutely loved this challenge!!! Now I didn't have any Polka Doodle paper scraps because I always print off the size that I need  but I loved creating this card with some of my scraps... (I have a lot) So you know that the papers are scraps, the image is pre-coloured and is Molly from the Fredericka mini CD collection. The flowers and dragonflies are also pre-coloured and are from the Sundae of Seasons CD rom. I punched out some circles for the flowers to sit on so they stood out a bit then distressed around the edges! To finish off the card I added some Dew Drops and a bit of kindyglitz.
I hope that you can join in the challenge this week... Don't forget if you want to create something with these fabulous digi images (that I have used) from Polka Doodles or other digi images in store then you can go to the Digi world where you can download images immediately or you can order the many CD Roms that are in store!
I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:
* Southern Girls Challenge - Tic Tac Toe (Left side - down)
* Pile it On - Stripes and/or Plaid
* Allsorts - Here Come the Girls

5 comments:

  1. Super gorgeous card, Alethea! Love the way you used your scraps!
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Alethea, I do love the design you have created and the gorgeous image.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Alethea! This is a beautiful card and your hard work shines through! :)
    Hugs,
    Adina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Beautiful colour scheme and design! What a fabulous way to use up scraps! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls challenge
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!! It's made my day!!